Join us for an experience of a lifetime!
Inside Education invites teams of two teachers and four students from Alberta high schools for an exciting weekend of learning, March 5-8, 2020.
Inside Education’s 10th annual youth summit tackles an exciting new topic: How can we sustain our growing demand for food and other agriculture products through best practices that maintain integrity of our water, energy, land, air, and wildlife?
School teams will take part in a variety of workshops, sessions, and activities to gain a better understanding of the most current issues and multiple perspectives in Alberta’s agriculture landscape. Teams will meet leading experts to gain information and resources related to the science, issues, innovation, and careers of our agriculture. They’ll have lots of fun too, with plenty of opportunities to network and socialize with like-minded students and teachers!
The teams will leave energized and ready to make a meaningful impact as they return to their school and community. Their challenge will be to implement an Agriculture Education Project to share their learning with others.
Cultivate is an opportunity to for students and teachers to:
- Gain insights from experts, innovators, and young leaders.
- Engage in hands-on workshops and demonstrations that bring agriculture and climate concepts to life.
- Expand networks and create lasting memories with like-minded students and teachers.
- Explore the important and timely issues of climate change and agriculture in our province.
- Be empowered to share new founded knowledge and understanding through a meaningful school-based Agriculture Education Project.
- Be inspired to make meaningful change.
- Attend a professional summit that reduces its environmental impact by choosing sustainable practices.
Where does Cultivate happen?
The summit will be hosted at the Olds College in Olds, Alberta.
This exceptional facility will serve as our home and classroom for three days of education, experience and excitement.
Who hosts Cultivate?
Inside Education is an award-winning not-for-profit charitable education society. We provide educational programs and services to Alberta’s K-12 school system all related to Alberta’s natural resources and environment. We have more than 30 years experience delivering education programs for Alberta’s teachers and students.
Cultivate 2020 is an exciting next step where teachers and students are invited to learn together by adopting the role of “Agriculture Leadership Teams.” They will learn with, and from, experts in government, the environmental community, industry, and post secondary institutions.
Our staff of professional educators are all experienced in delivering engaging, fun and safe education programs indoors and out!