“It meant so much that my school had the opportunity to learn and grow in such a positive and innovative environment.”Vienna, Medicine Hat High School
Why you should come
- Have a unique professional development experience full of current information on agriculture and climate change that can be infused into your day-to-day lessons in science, social studies, CTS and more!
- Grow your network of experts and like-minded educators
- Help your agriculture and climate lessons grow with first-hand knowledge and experience
- Enhance student learning and engagement
- Advance agriculture education & stewardship in your school and community
- Design a meaningful Agriculture Education Project that promotes stewardship, agriculture and climate change education
- Meet and network with influential people
- Examine your role in Alberta’s agriculture future
- Boost your résumé and explore career opportunities
- Take your learning beyond the classroom through an Agriculture Education Project
- Meet students from across Alberta
- Enjoy student life in residence on the Olds College campus
“This is something I will remember forever” –Patrick, Generate student
Your main role is to help students make the most of their experience, learn along with them and facilitate leadership back in your school. The teachers attending Cultivate 2020 will be the primary connection to Inside Education. The students will be under your supervision and are ultimately your responsibility. There is no need to worry, however, because we have a jam-packed program to keep them busy!
Of course, safety is always our first priority. Check out our Summit Safety page for more details. It is expected that two teachers from each school will attend the summit.
Cultivate 2020 is a one-of-a-kind opportunity just for you! Featuring a professional conference format with keynote speakers, themed sessions, workshops, and social events, this is your chance to have an all-expense paid to learn opportunity that you will never forget.
Together with your team, you will develop a meaningful project that engages your community with what you’ve learned at Cultivate.
Getting your team together
Whether your students have come to you, you have a group of exceptional learners in mind, or you want to get an application together and select students later, you can apply for Cultivate 2020 now. Teams are comprised of two teachers and four students.
If you’re the first in your school discovering Cultivate, you’ll need to find a couple of teachers who you can work with to apply for the summit! Then you’ll need to assemble a few more keen students to make up your team and plan your project!
Cultivate is an All-Expenses Paid experience!
Both students and teachers will receive a full scholarship to attend the summit. This includes all meals, accommodations, registrations, and social events during the summit.
If necessary, each attending teacher may apply for a maximum $150 subsidy per day toward the cost of a substitute teacher for Thursday, March 5 and Friday, March 6, 2020. It is the responsibility of the school to make substitute teacher arrangements. Teachers will be provided Inside Education’s Supply Teacher Subsidy for more details. All subsidy requests must be submitted by June 12th, 2020.
NOTE: Only teachers who have submitted their Agriculture Education Project plans will be eligible for a supply teacher subsidy.
Schools can request a travel subsidy to offset travel costs. To request a $0.15/km travel subsidy, please complete the mileage form provided by Inside Education. Subsidy requests must be submitted by June 12, 2020.
The Olds College campus is located at 4500 50 Street, Olds, Alberta.
More summit info can be found on our FAQ page.
*NOTE: all rooms rooms are based on single occupancy (thats right: everyone gets their own room!) therefore there are no requirements for equal gender ratios. Students must be 14 years or older at the time of the summit.