“It meant so much that my school had the opportunity to learn and grow in such a positive and innovative environment.”Vienna, Medicine Hat High School
Why should you come?
- Have a unique professional development experience full of current information on agriculture and climate change that can be infused into your day-to-day lessons in science, social studies, CTS and more!
- Grow your network of experts and like-minded educators
- Help your agriculture and climate lessons grow with first-hand knowledge and experience
- Enhance student learning and engagement
- Advance agriculture education & stewardship in your school and community
- Design a meaningful Agriculture Education Project that promotes stewardship, agriculture and climate change education
- Meet and network with influential people
- Examine your role in Alberta’s agriculture future
- Boost your résumé and explore career opportunities
- Take your learning beyond the classroom through an Agriculture Education Project
- Meet students from across Alberta
- Enjoy student life in residence on the Olds College campus
Your main role is to help students make the most of their experience, learn along with them and facilitate leadership back in your school. The teachers attending Cultivate 2020 will be the primary connection to Inside Education. The students will be under your supervision and are ultimately your responsibility. There is no need to worry, however, because we have a jam-packed program to keep them busy!
Of course, safety is always our first priority. Check out our Summit Safety page for more details. It is expected that two teachers from each school will attend the summit.
Cultivate 2020 is a one-of-a-kind opportunity just for you! Featuring a professional conference format with keynote speakers, themed sessions, workshops, and social events this is your chance to have an all-expense paid to learn opportunity that you will never forget.
Getting your team together
Whether your students have come to you, you have a group of exceptional learners in mind, or you want to get an application together and select students later, you can apply for Cultivate 2020 now. Teams are comprised of two teachers and four students.
*NOTE: all rooms rooms are based on single occupancy (thats right: everyone gets their own room!) therefore there are no requirements for equal gender ratios. Students must be 14 years or older at the time of the summit.