Are you interested in joining the fun at Cultivate 2020?
We’re seeking experts, speakers and resources that will support and inspire schools!
The summit will be held March 5-8, 2020 at Olds College.
We are looking for engaging sessions in different formats:
- FIELD TOURS:
- 1 – 2 hours, must be within 30 minute driving distance to Olds College. Inside Education will arrange transportation
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS:
- Do you want to lead a discussion on a topic that you are passionate about while sharing a content expertise that will inspire a next generation of agriculture leaders? Then consider a putting your name forward on a panel discussion. Panel discussion are typically 1 hour in length with 3-4 experts sharing ideas.
- FARM TO TABLE – EXPERT ROUNDTABLES:
- In this interactive session students will circulate in small groups to expert guests to learn more about your area of expertise. Speakers are not meant to prepare a formal presentation but are encouraged to bring a laptop/tablet with photos/maps/information, hands-on items and prepare key points/questions to stimulate a short table discussion. We have had great success with this format in the past as it is quick and fun for the students, albeit a little repetitive for the speakers as they will repeat these 8-10 minute sessions 6-8 times.
- TABLE TO FARM – SCHOOL PROJECT ROUNDTABLES
- Cultivate is more that a 4 day agriculture summit! Each participating school is creating an agriculture education project and this is your chance to connect. Schools will be actively seeking resources, ideas, support and contacts during this interactive session and they would like to hear from you!
- 1 hour interactive workshop where students will create, build and/or strategize. No need to make a powerpoint for this one, these sessions are hands on and active.
- RESOURCES & TEACHER WORKSHOPS
- This one is all about the classroom, if you have resources for teachers or school programs you want to share let us know. We will have a resource wall on display as well as dedicated time to spread the word about agriculture programs and initiatives that support schools!
Successful proposals will have a strong connection to at least one of our themes:
- Sustainable agriculture and stewardship
- The nexus – connections between water, energy, and food
- Current and emerging issues – social, environmental, economic
- The future of agriculture – research, technology, innovation, and careers
- Inspiring young agricultural leaders