Inside Education staff are committed to safety and values the delivery of a safe program above all else. We will make every effort to ensure a safe environment for all summit delegates, staff, and presenters.
In the event of an emergency please contact 9-1-1.
The supervising teacher from each school will provide a contact cell phone number and be accessible throughout the summit.
Other important numbers:
Olds College campus: 1-800-661-6537
Canadian Automobile Roadside Assistance: 1-800-222-4357
RCMP Olds detachment: 403-556-3323
Olds Hospital & Care Centre: 403-556-3381 Address: 3901 57 Ave, Olds, AB
Inside Education Staff
- Program staff will have current standard first aid and CPR certification and passed a criminal records background check.
- There will be a first aid kit available in each program room.
- Inside Education staff will be recognizable throughout the summit by wearing Inside Education logos.
Travel to and from the Cultivate 2020 Youth Summit is the responsibility of the school. A limited travel subsidy may be available for schools. See our FAQs for more information.
Safe travel tips
- Check the road report – 1-877-AMA-HWYS (1-877-262-4997) http://www.ama.ab.ca/road-reports and adjust your driving to the road conditions.
- Carry a cell phone.
- Carry an emergency kit including blankets, shovel, booster cables, snacks, and water.
- Carry a current map and stay on main roadways.
- Ensure someone knows your route; tell them when you plan to arrive and check in when you get there.
- Ensure your vehicle is in good repair and has had a safety inspection.
Summit delegates will have free time outside of the summit program, any activities conducted during this time will be at the discretion of the supervising teacher(s). The Olds College campus hosts both an Aquatic Centre as well as the CLC Recreation & Fitness Centre. The use of these facilities is at the discretion of the supervising teacher(s).
Inside Education has reserved a block of rooms in residence on campus; all rooms assigned to a school are in close proximity to each other. Student rooms are single occupancy.
Summit delegates are representing their schools and communities, and are expected to maintain the standards of behaviour set forth by their school and their supervising teacher(s). Delegates will be further expected to adhere to all school division policies with respect to the use of alcohol and drugs